1. Is anyone else having ridiculous allergy issues lately? Do you know how to make them stop? Please tell me!
2. I’m up to running almost 4 miles. Someone clap for me! Now the question is… Should I or shouldn’t I sign up for a half marathon in April? I’ll let you know what I decide when it gets closer.
3. For Christmas, I got a lot of warm things. Here in San Diego, it’s been 80 degrees a few times this week. IN DECEMBER. Ridiculous. So, when I begin plans of moving somewhere, one of my family’s main concerns tends to be the weather. “It’s going to be so hot!” “It’s going to be so cold!” “How will you survive their weather!?” We’re spoiled here, ya know? So, my family tries to equip me for more “extreme” temperatures when I move to other places… like Nashville.
4. Yes folks. That’s the latest news in my life. I have decided to move to Nashville. The details are still very much in the process. I’m applying for jobs and looking for ways to “make it work.” Mostly I’m just saying, “YES!” to where Jesus is taking me and I’m rather excited about the adventures that await… (and sometimes also a little freaked out by the number of unknowns involved… but that’s living, right?)
5. Read any good books lately? Not that I don’t already have 100 or so I’m intending to read… But, what were your favorite reads of the year? (This is not a rhetorical question. I really want to know!) I’ll tell you mine soon!
6. Speaking of reading… I don’t know if you’ve noticed this or not but, I’m a big fan of blogs. Here are some you should look at:
- Nerds, regular people, and overall lifetime happiness @ 22 Words (one of my favorite spots for random entertainment on the internet)
- Junk mail collage #2 @ Found Objects (Emily is so random and creative and just all around FUN)
- Sticks and Stones @ Hands Wide Open (Jon has a lot of important things to say on the subject of bullying. I think you should take some time to “listen” to him.)
- The Year in Pictures: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 @ The Boston Globe’s The Big Picture (my favorite place for news photography)