1. In my reading through the Bible in a year plan I made it to I Kings this week and let’s talk about those first few verses in chapter 1. King David is pretty much really old, and really cold… laying on his death-bed. So, they decide to go find a pretty girl to cuddle with him to keep him warm. Seriously? That’s creepy. Can you imagine being that girl??? I would say, “Heck no, Joe!” And they would say, “We’re not talkin about Joe! We’re talkin about KING David! Go cuddle with the man!” I’m going to have nightmares.
2. I’m feeling super loved today. I can’t say often enough that I have the best friends in the world. Sometimes they send me emails and I read them and I stop and think, “How did this happen? How did I end up with so many people who love me so well?” Because let’s face it…. I’m not that cool/great… I’m mostly an idiot. So, if you’re one of those people who loves me despite my idiocy… thanks a billion!
3. I’m sick and I’m pretty sure my students think I’m on drugs… not the “I have a cold” kind… but the “Dude, the teacher is totally spacing out and rambling about who knows what…” kind. But they don’t mind, because I let them leave early.
4. I’m going to curl up in my bed and read now… and then watch a movie later… because that’s what sick people do.
5. And I’m not even going to put colorful fonts in this numbered list… that’s how sick I am.