- I have a long list of things I want to blog about. They include but are not limited to: fear, fairness, grace, what makes a good story, books I’ve read lately, discipline, baby girls and people who don’t appreciate them, and emotions and how they influence us (me).
- But today, my heart is feeling overwhelmed by life… so what I need to do is dump out some of the random contents of my brain through, yet another, numbered list of random thoughts.
- I talked to my mom today. I love my mom. She’s a good mom. I hadn’t talked to her in a week and a half, so we caught each other up. I have some big decisions to make and I filled her in a bit on where I am in the process… mostly what I did was cry. She listened and said wise things… and when I hung up the phone, I talked to the Father about how I want to be more like my mom.
- Yesterday was a good day filled with a McFlurry and 4 hours at Starbucks.
- There’s this girl who I once knew of but didn’t actually know. We lived in the same building, on the same floor, used the same bathroom, the same microwave, and watched the same tv – for a year – but we never really knew each other. Yesterday, we met – completely on accident – half a world away from that building. I think I will see her again before long.
- I watched a movie tonight that made me think about life and death and it made me wish I could go sit in a cemetery. I love cemeteries. I promise it’s not a morbid thing. It’s just that it reminds me that my days are numbered and I need to live them with purpose and passion and doing things that will matter when this life of mine is over. I find it peaceful to remember that someday, I’ll be dead… otherwise known as, with Jesus. I find it challenging to remember that the world is full of billions of people who will also die someday… and I want them to be with Jesus too. To me, cemeteries are reminders of eternal perspective and I love that. I need that. Plus, they are quiet.
- I mentioned recently that Brit and I have given ourselves a reading goal that we want to accomplish by the end of our year. I decided to make a tab for my reading list where I will keep track of my progress. The list has expanded since I first posted it on my blog and I will continue to make additions and take suggestions of various sorts. :) Click here or on the tab at the top of the blog if you want to see.