It’s been a long time since I numbered listed it. So let’s see what randomness flows from the Shanda brain tonight…….. (always frightening!)
- My lovely friend Jenny informed me today that she believes that while I THINK I’m a dog person, I actually end up hating almost every dog I spend significant amounts of time with. (I’m gonna go with she’s partially correct… it’s a love/hate thing.)
- For 10 days now I’ve been taking terrible showers – ya know the kind in which the water is continuously jumping between scorching hot/freezing cold, with NO in between. Actually, to be honest… there was at least one day in there that I refused to shower… and one day I went to a friend’s place to shower. BUT, today they fixed it. HALLELUJAH! I’ve never been more excited to take a shower!!!
- Thursday I’m making lunch for some students. They are going to learn how to set a table American style and will eat with a fork and knife, except that I’m going to make chicken tacos and you basically eat those with your hands, but I’ll make a dessert or something they use utensils for. I’m pretty amused that I’m making them “American food” but it’s actually going to be Mexican. J
- I’m in the mood to sit at the beach and stare into the horizon. I should delete that option from my mood menu because it’s basically not possible anytime in the realm of soon.
- Sometimes I write sentences and I think, “that sounds so nerdy.”
- I bought a stapler. You might not know this, but that’s a big deal. You see, I once cried to my roommate Jen about having to decide whether my stapler should go with me, get packed away, or be given away. I was overly upset about the thought that every time I moved for the rest of my life, I would have to make this choice. (Kinda lame, I know.) Through that experience a stapler became symbol of sorts. Buying one was me saying, “I’m here… this is where I’m now investing my life…………. And I might need to staple some papers together.”
- I found hair mousse today… and it’s even specifically for wavy hair. I can’t express to you how excited I was… AND it smells awesome!
- I seriously wish there was a soundtrack for my life. If anyone wants to make one for me, and then figure out a way that it can be playing everywhere I go, that’d be awesome.
- I was sick this week, and my voice was froggish/manish (depending on the moment). It’s mostly normal now, but I just tried to sing along to Phil Wickham and mostly squeaks came out. That’s so sad.
- Sometimes I feel like a GIANT here. Like when I buy a sweater and the sleeves are just barely long enough to not make me look like a big dork… until I wash it one time… and then they are practically ¾ length? Sigh. I’m normal sized. I promise.
- In 2007, I borrowed a CD from my honorary roommate, Emily. She moved to VA. I moved to the other side of the world. The CD is in a box in TX still because I never gave it back. I hope she had it on her iTunes like I do. SORRY EMILY!