I’ve been living in TX for a few months now and I still have moments in which I must stop and say, “Oh right… I’m not in CA anymore!” Here’s a list of common causes for such moments (in no particular order):
1. I look up from behind the counter at Starbucks and I see cowboys… real ones.
2. I see a man with a tatoo on his arm… I look closer… It’s the Alamo! (True story!)
3. I walk outside and my glasses immediately fog up from humidity.
4. A rare “perfect weather” day occurs and I think… “BEACH… oh… Well, I suppose the GULF is only a few hours away… eh.”
5. On a road trip, I stop to use the bathroom at a McD’s and when I wash my hands I look down to find a Texas shaped SINK!?!?!
6. Bugs… bugs… bugs… bugs…
7. I have customers who regularly wear spurs… and it’s not to be funny… they’re actually functional!